









Sunday night, we got to head with Tommy to Colorado Springs for the last day of the Senior Open Golf Tournament and a night at the Broadmore Hotel. Coke was a sponsor of the event, so they had several rooms and Tommy was playing in the sponsor's tournament on Monday. We had such a great time. The Broadmore is a beautiful, old, historic hotel set in the mountains of Colorado Springs. Their service was amazing and we were so glad to get to go!
Things did start out a little rough though! We had two tickets to the golf tournament and were headed there after we arrived. We didn't actually expect to watch any golf, since the girls were with us, but we were headed to Coke's hospitality room and thought we might need them. Addison wanted to hold a ticket and she was doing a great job...until a huge gust of wind come out of nowhere and blew the ticket right out of her hand. Unfortunately we were on the bridge, crossing over their lake. We stood there and watched our ticket float away! Like I said, thankfully we weren't planning to watch any golf!!!
The girls loved the hospitality room. Tommy was able to visit with his customers while the girls ran around sampling all the snacks and playing in a fountain in the middle of the room. They were a big hit.
When that closed down for the evening, we headed out to explore the hotel and ride the paddle boats. We had a great dinner and just really enjoyed our family time. Monday morning, Tommy headed out to play golf while the girls and I hit the breakfast buffet, playground and pool.
Here is another funny side story. While Tommy was golfing I took the girls to feed the ducks, geese and swan that live in the hotels lake. I had seen a sign that said, "Do Not Feed the Water Fowl". Somehow, in my mind, I never connected "Water Fowl" with ducks, geese and swan. I really didn't mean to break the rules, I just didn't realize THEY WERE the "Water Fowl". Why doesn't the sign just say, "Don't Feed the Ducks and Geese."? I didn't realize we had done anything wrong, until Tommy was looking at the pictures tonight, saw that we feed them, and told me I wasn't supposed to. Oops!!!
1 comment:
Ummmm.... BEAUTIFUL- can I come visit and you take me there??
Post a Comment