Thursday, August 14, 2008

Gymnastics

Okay, so the Women's Gymnastics is the one thing in the olympics that I love to watch! I wanted to watch it with Addison this year. But.....it has been on from 10:00 to 12:00pm! What in the world???

I let her stay up until 9:30 thinking it would start any minute, but it is now 10:00 and no gymnastics yet. Poor gymnasts. Talk about a home field advantage for the Chinese!!! These girls probably aren't used to doing all this tumbling in what is the middle of the night to their little bodies.

Thankfully, a friend got us tickets to the Gymnastics Showcase which is coming to town in October. We will get to see Shawn Johnson and some of the other Olympic Gymnast perform live....and at a decent time of day!

Hopefully my girls will sleep late in the morning. Summer Olympics doesn't happen often enough, so I am waiting it out!!! Everyone else is asleep, but Maggie Dog and I are watching to see who takes the Gold!!!

2 comments:

The Wiggins Family said...

I am with you. I have stayed up every night watching those girls preform. However last night we recorded it so we could catch up on some sleep. Carlee adores it as well and wants to be just like them. I'm not sure I'm ready to put her in gymnastics yet, but maybe one day.

L said...

Ella loves it too! She's been trying flips off the couch! We just record it as well.