Thursday, December 16, 2010

Ice Skating

The girls have been begging, for quite some time to go ice skating. We made our first attempt last weekend, but it was freezing. Much to their disappointment, we bailed at the last minute. Thankfully the early part of the week brought some beautiful 60 degree days. We surprised them by picking Addison up at the bus on Tuesday afternoon and heading to the rink. They had a blast and picked it up surprisingly well. I already bought some Groupon passes for a few more trips back. We had a great time!
Just before they headed on to the ice.
Such a cute little spectator.

Clinging to the rails.
Daddy helping Reagan. She was a handful. She would skate along pretty well for a few minutes, and then her feet would just suddenly go crazy, kicking and flailing everywhere!

They have these big construction cones for the kids to balance on and push around.

Gracyn and I were the smart ones, who hit the ice in our tennis shoes!

Addison really started to get the hang of it, she could go a short distance on her own.

Brave Daddy.
And, she crashed into the rail! The picture doesn't do it justice, but that is the biggest fat lip I have EVER seen. Bloody teeth, bloody lips and no tears. Her eyes got a little red as we checked her out, but she mostly just begged to get going again.


Cuteness.

This is a fancy as it gets, especially considering he wears a size 15 shoe and he is crammed into 13's....the biggest they had.
Gracyn loved getting a ride on this little bucket. I pulled her all over the rink like this. She figured out how to twist her waist and make the bucket wiggle!

Can't wait to go back! Maybe I will brave skates next time.













1 comment:

Jenn said...

Love ice skating! I can't wait to take Brylee! Looks like everyone had a great time...enjoy!