Wednesday, June 20, 2012

School's Out for Summer

It's been no mystery around this house, who is most excited for summer. The girls were ready to be out, but Mama has been on the countdown for quite some time! No more alarm clock, no more schedules, no more lunch packing, and best of all no more putting my oldest on a bus and having her gone all day! I love summer! Last year, I feel like the pay-off began for all the sleepless nights and diapers. The girls were old enough for some serious summer fun! June through August is filled with pool time, King's Island, parks and the zoo. We read books, play games and just hang out together. They are my little buddies and I cherish the luxury of free time with them.
Here's my girl heading off to her last day of first grade.She had no idea, but we had a little surprise summer fun party planned for after school. Several neighborhood friends were meeting at our house. The Bowles family headed over early, so Chloe could be surprised and get off the bus at our stop. The Leslies and the Janzens were ready to party and The Bullocks drove over to join us. We met the crew at the bus stop and attacked them with Silly String as they got off. Then, we headed back to the house and this big bucket of water balloons. Reagan, Gracyn and I had quite an assembly line going earlier in the afternoon to get those things filled. Poor Reagan, she put in the work, but since she had Strep, she actually had to hide out in my room watching a movie during the actual party. I was so sad for her, but I saved some water balloons for another day.

This girl is smiling because she is packing Silly String behind her back.

Sweet Freedom!!!

Inside the house I had a big build-your-own-sundae bar. We had waffle bowls, ice-cream and every topping you could imagine. This half of the crew was elbow deep in giant bowls of sugar before the rest of our guests arrived.

More Water Balloons. Knowing the work that went in to filling them, it hurt a little watching how quickly they went through them all.

Poor Daron. There are boys in the neighborhood, but in this age bracket he is the only one. He often finds himself playing among large crowds of girls. He is a good sport about it. Looks like he is enjoying it here!

What a great kick-off we had to summer! Looking forward to carefree, fun days ahead.

1 comment:

Lacey said...

We had icecream sundaes when they ran off the bus too. :) And my girls are still wearing the blue tie dyed too this summer- I love that dress. HOORAY for Summer!! May it last longer than it usually does. :)