Friday, July 06, 2012

Zoo Days

Despite the fact that it is roasting hot around here, the girls and I met up with some friends last week and headed for the zoo. I tend to think since we are Texans at heart, we can handle a little heat, but with temperatures as high as 106 and humidity off the charts, I think here lately Cincinnati has been every bit as hot as Texas. It didn't slow us down though, we managed a good 5 hours at the zoo, before we were melting enough to head for the car.

Pure love between these two. We had just gotten back from vacation, so they hadn't seen each other in a while. I am not sure they saw a single animal. They wondered around a few steps behind the group, holding hands, gathering sticks and playing in the dirt.

My animal lover! She never gets tired of this. She would skip the rest of the zoo and stay here feeding these birds all day if she could convince the rest of the group. She likes the animals in cages, but she really just hits the zoo on a mission to find anything she can get her hands on....touching snakes, feeding goats, petting baby kangaroos. Anything hands-on, she is all in. The big favorite on this day was watching the snakes be feed. All the girls stood mesmerized for a good 30 minutes while a cage of large snakes dined on whole, live mice! I could barely look at it and they couldn't stop looking!

Reagan likes feeding the birds too, though she has been bit a few times, so she proceeds much more cautiously

My baby and I with Elle watching from the background.

Addison got to help with an animal show in the children's zoo. She held this bell while the goat came to ring it. Shortly after this, in an attempt to beat traffic home, we headed out. Tommy was out of town this day, so we grabbed dinner out. I came home ready to get cleaned up, watch a movie and call it a day, but not the girls! They re-energized in the car and came home ready for painting and art projects!

No comments: