Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Slices of Life

We had one warm day so far this "Spring". I think it might be the only day in a very cold, windy, wet month that we saw the sun and had decent temperatures at the same time. We spent the entire day playing outdoors.

Cool temperatures = Static hair

I went to a Bachelor final rose party. So fun!!! I hadn't seen a single episode, didn't even know who the Bachelor was, but since the final episode was 3 HOURS, I had plenty of time to get on board with the drama. It was a great night of laughter and fun with a great group of ladies.

Reagan and Olivia. This picture melts my heart. These two adore each other. This was on a warm day in an intense game of neighborhood kick-the-can. I don't fully understand the game, but the kids do. It spans the entire cul-de-sac, front and back yards (most homes here don't have fences) and kids ranging from 5 to 14 are usually involved. Reagan and Olivia are the youngest so we make them team up and stay together. They are adorable! In this picture they are "it" and on the hunt for the other kids.

Gracyn and Cody. He is her neighborhood and school buddy. They get sweeter together all the time. On this afternoon, he had come down to play with us and we walked the babies to the bus stop to get the big girls. 

Pictures don't do it justice, but this girl has a major black-eye! It happened on our warm day. We made our first trip to the park since winter. She was playing tag with her Daddy, running full speed ahead and collided with the rooftop of a small playground structure. She could run right under it last year, but I guess has grown. It turned red, then blue, then black, then green and now it is a lovely shade of yellow. We are just thankful that cut didn't break the skin and we didn't need stitches.

Let the orthodontic work begin. She has had 2 appointments of 4 to get an expander installed. Those teeth are growing in every which way but straight! 

Look at this cutie. She's quite the fashion diva! She put this outfit together one day and looked super cute. 

1 comment:

kuykendall_family said...

Call me - we are headed to the orthodontist in a few weeks too. I think we will be getting the same thing...an expander/space type thing???