Tuesday, May 07, 2013

Addison's 8th Birthday Sleepover

She's 8 and I can't believe it!!! I have a hard time reconciling this grown-up little person with the baby bundle they handed me in a hospital 8 years ago. I love every second of watching her blossom into a young lady, but it is still mind-blowing how fast it happens.

 After much deliberating and careful planning Addison decided on a sleepover for her 8th birthday party. It was the perfect choice for her. We had 5 girls, plus her sisters, so 9 girls from Friday night to Saturday morning. They started off the night with a dance party in the living room.

Later I had a scavenger hunt throughout the house and yard with lots of sleepover treasures. Justice slippers for everyone were the biggest hit from the hunt.

They did crafts.

And, we had a pizza dinner.

She opened presents....American Girl items, THREE diaries and lots of Justice accessories.

And the grand finale. Her friend Brooke gave her a horse riding lesson at a local farm. They were both so excited!!!

The perfect gift!!!

We had cake, watched a movie, jumped on the trampoline and then they headed to her room. The listened to music, chatted and played truth or dare until around midnight when I began trying to wind them down. The last girl was finally asleep at 1am. They all woke at 5am, but I thankfully got them back to sleep.

Here are a few girls having donuts for breakfast the next morning. I think the others were already on the trampoline. It was a fun night celebrating my girl and was just her style! Now, we have Daddy's bday in a few days and then mama can take a rest from the party planning!

No comments: