Monday, December 23, 2013

Mimi and Jimmy's Visit

Mimi and Jimmy made the LONG trek from Texas to come see us in Ohio. We celebrated Christmas and enjoyed a fun weekend together. The girls favorite things were playing with the dogs and opening presents!!! We went to Prasco Park's afternoon with Santa and had so many yummy treats. We went ice-skating in the 22 degree weather. Mimi and Jimmy didn't wear skates. They were troopers and watched for a bit, before they retreated to the heated tent and waited with hot chocolate for everyone. We also built a gingerbread house. It held up for about 7 minutes after completion before it was sliding all apart and I trashed it. Finally....Mimi and Jimmy watched the girls both Saturday and Sunday night while Tommy and I went out. 2 dates in one weekend....that never happens!!! So thankful they are willing to make the drive and so glad they are making it an annual tradition.
























1 comment:

Lyndi said...

I got the best tip this year: put the gingerbread house together with hot glue! It worked amazingly well!!!