Friday, September 05, 2014

Last Day at King's Island

We squeezed fun into every last second we had in Ohio! This was one week from move date. Tommy was out of town and the girls and  I decided to have one last day of fun at King's Island. It was a big debate, since we aren't used to paying a daily rate, but we obviously weren't going to be getting season passes. We picked a weekday, during school,when it wouldn't be too busy and just went for it. I am so glad we did. It goes down as one of my happiest days!

Amanda came with Camden and Tessa and Mandy came with Elle. We met at the park as soon as the gates opened. We had the place nearly to ourselves and rode ride after ride all day. I rode the log ride with the kids 4 times!!! Mandy and Amanda don't like to get their hair wet. I don't mind that and will ride the Log Ride all day, if the will ride the spinning rides with my crew. Win, win!

Taking a quick lunch break.

They LOVE going through this water maze. They did it over and over again for an hour. I think they were freezing!
Silly girls making mustaches.

Mandy and the girls spinning. I am watching happily from the side.

Amanda spinning with Gracyn and her boyfriend.

These 2 were sharing a stroller.

We were headed out of the park after 7 hours and they were tired. We had 4 kids and 1 stroller, so they took turns and rode in laps.

We headed home at 3:00 to get Addison and Reagan off the bus and head right back up there. Megan, Olivia and Meredith joined us for the evening half and we closed the place down.

On the Viking Ship with my crazy girl. She wants to love these rides, but truthfully, I think she is a little like me and they are making her 1/2 nauseous.

More Viking Ship with some of my favorite girls. Reagan and Olivia had ridden a water ride 3 times in a row before this. They were soaked.

Gracyn won a cute puppy while all the big kids were off on a roller coaster she wasn't tall enough for.

Addison and Meredith rode Vortex twice in a row without getting off. Megan was smart and got off after the first round. Wise choice, since you could actually smell vomit in the exit area.

Reagan doesn't like Vortex, so she and I took a turn on Windseeker. I don't know how high those swings are, but it feels like you can see the whole town from up there.

Back to the water maze with the big girls.

They closed at 8:00. We were hoping for 10, but were thankful that we had all those hours in a quiet park, with fun friends, making one last set of memories at such a fun place.













No comments: