Back in August, I sent my babies off to their first day of 4th grade, 2nd grade and Full Day Kindergarten. The full day kindie schedule was my biggest concern in moving to Bentonville. The other girls attended a 1/2 day kindergarten and that is how this mama prefers it! Despite my concerns, Gracyn was ready to go.
I am so proud of my children's resiliency. It can't be easy to move every few years and go off to a big new school without all your old friends. We had especially close friends in Ohio that have been in class with the girls for 3 straight years. They don't even remember school without them. So, I was extra proud when they jumped in, all smiles and no fear.
We wanted to keep their routine straight, so they decided to ride the bus from the very first day. The compromise was that I put them on the bus and took off walking to school to meet them there. I arrived a few minutes behind the bus and walked the halls for 10 minutes with no luck finding any of my children! The only thing keeping me from complete panic was the fact that I couldn't find ANY of them. I knew wherever they were, they must be together. Just as I was beginning to get really worried, I found them running down the hall. First day problems.....they got off the bus and entered the 5th and 6th grade building that is next to our school. I think Addison was first off the bus and asked someone where to go. I think they saw her height, assumed she was older and sent her the wrong way. Thankfully they all stuck together and eventually made it into the right building. I took a few pictures, got them settled into their classrooms and headed home to the longest, quietest day I have had in years! |
No comments:
Post a Comment