Tuesday, November 17, 2015

September Thing

Reagan entered the hula-hoop contest at the 3rd Grade Olympics!!! I am hear to tell you that 3rd grade girls are hula-hoop masters!!! They can do it all day long. After 15ish minutes the teachers had to make it more challenging....walk around, jump, eyes closed, etc. I think Reagan made it to about the last 5. A little friend from our neighborhood won. The best part of my day was watching all the girls surround her, cheering so excited when she won. They were genuinely thrilled for her and I got teary watching.

Walking down the halls to Reagan's second event, I passed this picture on Gracyn's teacher's door. She has all the class pictured, holding this sign. I love it. We hit the teacher jackpot.

Then I ran into this girl on her way back from the nurse's office. She lost her 2nd tooth at school that morning and had finally gotten the coveted treasure box. I was so happy that I was there to see it. I was feeling so warm-fuzzy, happy and thankful for our great school on this day.

Reagan's second event was a game like Scattergories. They were assigned a letter of the alphabet and had 60 seconds to fill in all the categories with a word beginning with that letter. She did great and made it to the final round. 


I had picked this up earlier in the day, so we all had Olympic cookie cake for dessert after the bus. I am always looking for any reason to buy a cookie cake. 

Silly barn days. We spend SO much time out there handing out and waiting for Addison.

Getting on board?? It's hard to fit in around here on Saturdays without your HOGS shirt. WOO PIG SOIEE??? I think that's how it goes. :)

And the day we got that special treasure box, we lost our tooth down the drain, while washing it. Gracyn was heartbroken. The tooth fairy was very understanding about the "incidend"

My adopted, "outside" kitty. On my kitchen table, in the middle of somebody's Uno game. I LOVE her!

Gracyn won the "Head of the Herd" award for her class the first month of school. So proud of her hardwork and leadership. 


Gracyn with Mrs. Gunter, first grade teacher extraordinaire!!!

I went with her class to a field trip at the Amazeum, our new children's museum. It was tons of fun, but so crowded. I must have counted that group of red shirts every 45 seconds. I only lost 1 girl, for about 3 minutes when she wondered out of the bathroom. It nearly gave me a heart attack!!!

Love special field trip days. Bonus....this was indoors, far away from chiggars. 

More afternoon barn time. This group of little sisters is lucky to have each other. They play and play while they wait.

Reagan reading to the little guy in a doctors waiting room. LOVE.

This girl is a nut. She constantly makes us laugh. It is impossible to be around her and not be joyful.

It was the first chilly night of fall softball. We snuggled under blankets and drank hot chocolate. It was late game. We had lots of softball night at the field until 9am. Not easy when the bus comes at 6:50am.

And, this was at the bus stop the next morning. 50 degrees, 7:20am, the bus was 30 minutes late. We were tired and freezing. Ready for the weekend.

No comments: