Today, as I was looking over Addison's journal from her first year, it occured to me why birth order is so significant to a child's personality. Reagan is nearly 4 months old, but in our household she is my baby! Addison is a typical busy two year old, and by comparison Reagan is so small. I was shocked when I looked over Addison's journal and realized that at this age, I had her in the Exersaucer and Johnny Jumper, and she regualarly watched Baby Einstien. I basically put her in anything she might fit in. I confess now, I think I actually proped her with towels and put phone books under her feet to make her fit. It has not even occured to me to do any of these things with Reagan. I am not waiting around for her to grab her first toy, or watching anxiously for her to flip over. The pressure is off. I know she will do all these things when she is ready. Funny how different things are. I was ready, waiting, and encouraging Addison's every move. Reagan gets all the love and attention, but in a much different, more laid- back way. I write this not to say that either way is right or wrong...just different.
3 comments:
I know what you mean...She is precious!
ok, bryan did not say that - somehow i logged in under his account-OOPs! Just wanted to clear that up. -Amy
you are an incredible mom...no matter what!! i laughed out loud when I read about putting the towels and the phone books under the jumper because I KNOW i did the same thing...and was so proud :) help me, LORD!
Post a Comment