Wednesday, November 05, 2008

"Fire"

Nope, not another scenario where I wake up in the middle of the night, certain that my house is one fire, although there have been several of those lately. This one is just a funny story.

A few days ago we were going through plastic bins of Addison's old clothes, so we could pull out some things for Reagan. We happened to come across an old paci of Addison's that must have been dropped in when we originally packed the clothes away. It is the same brand that Reagan uses and is even the same color as some of hers. It looks exactly identical. However, somehow SHE KNOWS THE DIFFERENCE.

First off, she won't even acknowledge it as a beloved "paci". She calls it "fire". Now, if it hadn't been for the sweet Sharp girls, who called their pacifiers "fire". I wouldn't have even understood what she was talking about. But, since pacifier is too long for her and she won't call it paci, "fire" it is. Addison often tries to put it in Reagan's mouth, which Reagan responds to by spitting, shaking her head no and saying YUCK! She wants nothing to do with it and it cracks me up! We have tested her many times by putting it in the bunch with her own pacis and she immediately grabs it and throws it from the group!

This girl of mine is too funny, too smart, and I guess a little territorial!!!

3 comments:

The Wiggins Family said...

Glad to know Zachary is not the only one still taking a paci. I've been thinking it might be good to get rid of it now before he really starts pitching a fit, but I still enjoy the fact that I can plug him up if need be. I think I might start by taking away his bottle first. It's way past time for trying that. I still love reading your fun stories. Missing ya'll!

Branton Family said...

Loved catching up. . .your girls are so sweet and are growing up so fast! We miss you! Amy

The Skains Family said...

That is hilarious. Aubrey is the same with her paci's. We bought a new one that looks the same, and she wants nothing to do with it! Too funny.