Friday, September 09, 2011

This, That and alot of Other

~Courtesy of the movie Rio (G-Rated, by the way). Gracyn told Reagan to "Shut-up!!!" last night. After we talked to her and told her not to say that we sent her to apologize. She did the reluctant, head-down, walk-of-shame back over to Reagan, gave her a hug and said, "Rea-Rea, I sa-wee bout da shut-up!!!". Not glad she said it, but the apology sure did make us laugh.

~Courtesy of Pocahontas, Gracyn was wrestling with her Daddy and sisters last night when she suddenly yelled at them, "Savages, Savages, Savages!!!".

~Now I feel like I should explain that my home TV is almost NEVER on. They watch these movies in the car. When we lived in CO, the car TV was only for long trips. Here, everything is so spread out, that school drop off and one or two errands can easily result in an hour and a half in the car. So, once or twice a week, I give in and turn the TV on.

~The Dance Jam class at lifetime is one of my new favorite things. What better way to start a week, than with an hour of fun music and hip-hop. I am probably making a fool of myself, but no one is watching!

~First grade. WOW. I was not prepared for how the full-day schedule was going to affect everyone in the house. Nor was I prepared for the reality of handing my baby over to someone else for most of her day. It has been a rocky start.... not for her, for us. She is fine with school and comes home happy, for which I am so thankful!!! Her Daddy and I have had a bad experience with some miscommunication and some unexpected uncertainties. If Addison knows about any of our concerns, she sure hasn't expressed it. We are trying to move forward, hopefully gain some trust and respect for her teacher and have a good year. Honestly, 3 weeks in and I am longing for summer!

~We have had 6 straight days here of rain, gloom and weather in the upper 60's. I need some sunshine.....not sure how I am ever going to survive a full winter here. I better learn to like the color gray!

~So sad that for the first time in 6 years I am not participating in a Women's Bible Study. I was especially interested in taking Priscilla Shrier's study on Jonah. But, I just can't make the schedule work with everything else we have going on. Maybe in the spring! Instead, I am hoping to get some extra reading done, starting with Angie Smith's new book, What Women Fear.

~I have a newly restored appreciation for Maggie the Dog. My kids are loving her right now and she is so, so sweet with them. Addison recently has taken to walking her and she behaves so well on the leash for her. This might surprise anyone who has ever seen me walk her, since she DRAGS me all over the place!!! Maybe she has just finally figured out she can get out more if she will mind her manners, or maybe she is just being extra gentle with Addison. Either way, I will take it. She walks with us to the bus stop each day. Addison takes over when she steps off the bus and takes her for a walk around the cul-de-sac.

~I found the cutest little lunch box notes at Hallmark. They are ice-cream cones and they all have different little sayings. I have been putting them in Addison's lunch box and asked her about it a few days ago. Her response, "Mom, I don't read those. Lunch is short. I have to eat and I want to talk to my friends, I think I threw them all away!". My poor, poor heart, she stomped on it!!! So different from last year. In CO she went to lunch at school 2 days each week and she saved every note I gave her!!!

~As if my heart wasn't already hurting enough, she won't wear a bow anymore. If I put it on her, she takes it off on the bus and puts it in her backpack. :(

~Reagan had a fun day with Mommy last weekend getting ready for school. She wanted to get her nails done and shop for clothes, so that is what we did. We also got stuck in a crazy downpour and I couldn't find my car, so we came home soaking wet!!! She loved it.

~Love Addison's compassionate heart. She has a girl with autism in her class. The teacher's have paired Addison to buddy with her. In the morning, Addison stays on the bus with her, until her aide arrives. So glad that my girl has such a caring heart, and thankful that her school recognizes that and puts it to good use.

~Gracyn has more successful potty trips everyday. I am hopeful that we will be diaper free in the next few months.

~Reagan is going to start singing in a choir at church. She loves music and I think it will be a great activity for her.

~Next week, I must do a better job of having my camera with me. Life is going quick, and I haven't been to good at taking pictures of it lately.

2 comments:

Penny said...

Clara won't wear a bow and won't let me do the little pony that I used to do. She wants in down or in a headband. She says she "looks more grown up that way"

Amanda Burkett said...

Cameron yelled from the bathtub, "I told you kids to stay out of my butt!" Courtesy of Toy Story, end credits.

I wish I could tell you that they only watch TV once or twice a week . . .

Love you!