Sunday, December 18, 2011

Festive

13 teacher (and bus driver) gifts ready to be delivered tomorrow.


Trixie the Elf. His name changes yearly. They love him, especially on the nights he does fun things. Thanks to a 9:45pm Iphone alarm, he hasn't forgotten to move a single time this year!


My Coca-Cola tree made it's debut this year. I have been collecting ornaments for a long time and finally felt like I had enough to decorate a tree with. The girls broke 2 of the ornaments the day we put it up. That tree is now look, don't touch.


This is our big tree. This one is on carpet (instead of wood floor) so the ornaments have fared far better.


This year's mantle.


After having our children BEG for years to put up outside lights, we did it this year. It is a meager start, which we can hopefully add to each year. The yard is BIG and outside lighting is EXPENSIVE! They love it and think it is the most fabulous display of lights there ever was. See that small, swirly Christmas tree. Dumb lights went out approximately 5 minutes after we had it out of the box and assembled. We haven't gotten around to tearing it down and returning it. Chances are we won't, and then I'll be mad when we get it out next year!

2 comments:

Lacey said...

Our "dumb" swirly lights went out also. There were three trees...two little ones went completely out and big one is in the yard half out. Ha!! But your yard looks great and house, and trixie...and all thirteen gifts. I bet you are so happy for the Christmas break. Hope you guys have a GREAT one!

Jenn said...

I love the pictures of the tree and mantel! I hope to someday have an organized Christmas with beautiful decor all over...someday...