Spring literally exploded overnight here! We have been basking in the sun and soaking up the 80 degree days. It is a stark contrast to the spring we received upon moving here last spring. I believe the quote I remember from my then 5-year-old was, "This place is a rainy, mudhole!". I think we have now received the best and the worst. Sun makes me blissfully happy! I love afternoons outside and evenings stretching playtime as long as we can before throwing dirty-feet, smelly, sweaty, sticky children in the bathtub. I love afternoons at the park, pleasant walks to the bus stop in the mornings and the vibrant, new flowers blooming all around us. I feel a sense of survival, I give myself a pat on the back, as I pack away the winter garments and replace sweaters and snowboots with flip-flops and sundresses. Bring on the sunscreen, the picnics and the pool. My happy time has arrived again!
Thursday, March 22, 2012
Explosion
Spring literally exploded overnight here! We have been basking in the sun and soaking up the 80 degree days. It is a stark contrast to the spring we received upon moving here last spring. I believe the quote I remember from my then 5-year-old was, "This place is a rainy, mudhole!". I think we have now received the best and the worst. Sun makes me blissfully happy! I love afternoons outside and evenings stretching playtime as long as we can before throwing dirty-feet, smelly, sweaty, sticky children in the bathtub. I love afternoons at the park, pleasant walks to the bus stop in the mornings and the vibrant, new flowers blooming all around us. I feel a sense of survival, I give myself a pat on the back, as I pack away the winter garments and replace sweaters and snowboots with flip-flops and sundresses. Bring on the sunscreen, the picnics and the pool. My happy time has arrived again!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Our first year in Denver we had snow on the Fourth of July!! Hope you didn't pack away ALL of the snow-gear!!
Post a Comment