Hard to believe our sweet Reagan turned a very big 5 years old last week! She had a perfect princess party on the Sunday before, which left her actual birthday for a little low-key family celebration. At least that is what I thought, until I looked at the calendar. As it turns out Tommy had meetings all day, Addison would be at school, all 3 girls had gymnastics and Reagan had soccer practice. We ended up letting her open her gifts from us the night before, knowing we wouldn't get us all together the day of. She was thrilled to find "MaKenna" her first big American Girl Doll and several accessories for her. The morning of her birthday she woke to find her room all decorated. We got Addison off to the bus and headed out for gymnastics. She picked Noodle and Company for lunch and got to buy "Chipwrecked" to watch in the car as we made our way around town that day. That evening, the girls and I had an early traditional Red Robin dinner, poor Daddy was working. We took him some leftovers to the soccer field, where he met us to coach. We watched the birthday girl practice for a few minutes, before I took Addison to gymnastics. It was a busy day!
Reagan has such a cute personality! The girl is smart and she remembers everything. She learns quickly. She is highly motivated and practices anything she wants to get better at (she must do 20 cartwheels a day). If she is unsure of something, she works to figure it out. She is reading easy books and can spell an impressive number of words for her age. She and Gracyn are best buds around the house most days, while big sis is at school. I am always impressed with her athletic abilities (she didn't get it from me) she is good at anything she tries....especially gymnastics, swimming and riding her bike. Reagan's favorite things are reading her bible, playing with her friends, Wii contests with her Daddy or I, tennis, gymnastics, rock-climbing, eating at Noodle and Company, strawberry ice-cream from Greaters, music of all kind, and playing babies.
Occasionally I look at her and it catches me off guard how big she looks. Kindergarten is fast approaching and I am not ready to send her off into the world. She is so strong and independent, but still my baby! It is not unusual for her to stop everything she is doing to run over and give me a hug and she doesn't like bedtime if I am not there to tuck her in with her choo-choo blankie. I love both parts of her....love the big and the little. I love my girl!
No comments:
Post a Comment