Monday, June 22, 2009

Poison

That is what soy is to my sweet little Gracyn! If there was ever any doubt, which there wasn't, that soy was part of her problem, I have confirmation now! Saturday I inadvertently ate some meat that had been marinated in soy ingredients. Gracyn immediately began massive projectile spit-ups of most every feeding. Then, the next morning, she woke up with tons of snot and her face broken out. Finally by Sunday night, she had horrible tummy pain. My poor child!!! I can't believe I did this to her. Sure stinks to be feeding a kid with an allergy....my mess-up equals her pain! And, I must say, if I was going to make her miserable, I sure wouldn't have chosen to do it with meat! Mama would have had some buttered popcorn! I am gearing up for a rough couple of days and re-reading all the labels in my house, so this doesn't happen again.

2 comments:

The Skains Family said...

Gosh Kim! That is crazy. And don't blame yourself for that. You are an incredible mommy! There aren't many mommies out there who would still be nursing after all of this. Gracyn is a blessed little girl!

L said...

You may want to consider talking with a homeopath about stuff (either you or G or both) to take for the dairy and soy allergies. Maybe they can help combat any side effects if you accidentally eat something again.