Friday, June 12, 2009

Summer Thursdays

Thursdays have definitely become one of my favorite summer weekdays. We have a great routine down and it is always a fun day for all of us. Here is how it goes.

We all head to the rec center and Addison goes into her ballet class. Her friend Brenna is in the same class. While they are dancing, Michele and I take Reagan and Ava into the gym to play basketball or into the game room to play with the machines. Lately, we make lots of potty trips during the 45 minute class. Reagan is one smart little girl. I promise you she holds it all morning, so she can make her pee-pee at the rec center! She wants to go there so she can get quarters for prizes. On this day, she took her quarters to ride the hippo! He actually ended up eating her money and never worked, but Michele saved the day with more quarters for the candy machine.


Next we pick up the big sisters from ballet. They have such a sweet teacher and love going to their class. I usually see a few minutes of the class, through the windows and they are doing great.
This past Thursday Clara, Nora and Lila met us after ballet to join us for our weekly rec center indoor picnic. We lined all the girls up on this couch and they watched cartoons while they ate their lunch.
After lunch we head to the locker rooms and get everybody changed for swimming. It takes some time to get this whole crew changed and ready to go. Then we head out to the pool. Gracyn and baby Lila hang out poolside while we watch the big girls swim.






I won't post pictures of it, but the funniest part of the day is showering the girls down after they swim. I think they like it better than the pool....it certainly is warmer. We turn on two showers, strip them all down and send them in. They run back and forth between the showers and have a blast. I love it because they are all clean and fresh and we can skip a bath at home that night!
We always leave the pool happy and tired. All this morning action usually guarantees me an hour or two of quiet time while my little ones rest up in the afternoon.




2 comments:

The Poormans said...

Kim everytime I read your blog about the rec center in CO it makes me smile. I lived in that pool there for 2 years when the girls were young. Cherish this time it goes by soooo FAST. I wish Texas had rec centers now that would be nice. We are not going to get to CO this summer. We are all sad but the family we were going to go with canceled due to job loss. So it looks like it will be this winter. I am sad the girls and I were so looking forward to seeing yall.

The Wiggins Family said...

Sounds like you have a fun Thursday! You've got it down to a science it sounds like. I love days like that!