Thursday, December 03, 2009

8 Months






Baby Girl turned 8 months old on Monday! My, how time is flying. We are enjoying all the holiday firsts with her. We had a great time in Texas, showing her off to the family and letting her spend time with her extended family.
For now, her eyes are still bright blue, we are hoping they stay. We have our two brown-eyed girls, after me....hopefully she will keep her Daddy's blues.
I don't know what she weighs now, but she is BIG and I suspect she is at least 20 pounds. Though I don't know how she maintains that because, she really doesn't eat much food. She likes snacks like crackers, cheerios and puffs, but, she won't each much baby food. She still nurses many, many times a day. Although, we had 24 hours of her constantly biting me and I thought we were going to have to quit. I was a nervous wreck in the middle of the night wondering what I was going to do. None of my babies have ever taken any bottles and I didn't want to start now. Thankfully she finally seemed to figure out that biting was not okay and we are back to our grove!
Gracyn's most favorite thing to play with right now, is the plastic name badge I have to wear to pick Addison up from school. She yanks it off of my shirt immediately and chews on it every day. If she is fussing in the car, I usually grab it out of my console and pass it back to her. She also loves books, things that spin, and her xylophone. She likes bathtime and being held. She is not a fan of loud noises (or loud nows as Reagan calls them) or being left alone.
Gracie girl is picking up new things each day. Her latest trick, she learned in the last few days, is sitting herself up. She got lots of practice in the middle of the night. I think each time she woke, she sat herself up and then wondered what to do next. My girls have all been like that....no sleep when they are learning a new trick....too busy practicing.
Love this girl....we are looking forward to all the days to come!



1 comment:

Jenn said...

She is such a cutie, and it was great to see how much she has grown in 5 months when you came to visit. It's always a treat to watch your little ones grow!