Thursday, December 17, 2009

Who Needs Sleep....

....when you can do this? Gracyn learned to pull up and stand a few weeks ago, but she has really gotten the hang of it over the last few days. She is so proud of herself and excited about the new vantage point, which unfortunately interferes with her sleep. Over the past several nights, any time she stirs, she stands up. And, she doesn't know how to get down. I believe last night, I went in her room 8 times, throughout the course of the night. Tommy has been out of town and the sleep has been rough....for example....

10:45/Addison is awake and crying, she's half asleep and needs to go to the bathroom

11:45/Gracyn is crying, I feed her and put her back to sleep

2:30/Reagan comes down the hall to jump in our bed. I return her to her own bed and console all the crying because she wants Mommy and my bed.

3:00/Gracyn is up again....standing up and chatting, I go in lay her down and tell her to go night-night. I repeat this at least 5 times.

4:30/Desperate to get her back to sleep, I fed Gracyn again and put her back to bed.

6:15/Reagan and Addison are up for the day!

Not much rest around here lately, but I wouldn't change it for the world. I was just thinking about how about 2 years ago, before we were pregnant, I would be out on a walk, daydreaming about one more little girl to name Gracyn. She certainly is a dream come true

2 comments:

Lacey said...

Awww...gotta love all the stages!! You'll get rest someday. Enjoy these moments. :) Merry Christmas!!

Lindsay said...

Awww...almost makes you want 4! ;)