

After all the registration process, Meet the Teacher, and Parent Day the big day finally arrived. Thanks to Gracyn's morning sleep strike and her screaming, "Out, out, out!!!", from her bed at 5:45am, we were all up early and anticipating the day. She is in afternoon kindergarten, so we had a while to wait! When we arrived at school, we said prayers for her, then headed in to line up. She didn't ever look back. She was ready to go and so excited!!! I only shed a few tears in the car on the way home as I was praying for her and asking God to let her be a light to the people around her and that her journey through school would be a blessing. I tried not to think too much about turning my baby over to the world. It is the beginning of a long road.
I picked her up a few hours later and took her for ice-cream and a debriefing. Turns out if you offer ice-cream she will actually talk. I got to hear all about her day and it was all good. She is ready for a great year.
1 comment:
I am so glad she had a great first day!! She looks ready. And I love the orientation that you guys did. What a great way to get them comfortable!! I know she will have a great year!! How is her Mama doing??? and the sissys??
Post a Comment