Friday, October 08, 2010

Braggin' on My Girl

I had our first conference with Addison's kindergarten teacher this week, and I left with a heart full of pride (and a few tears) for my sweet girl. We went over all the regular kindie stuff.....she knows her letters and numbers and is right on track learning to read. That was all great to hear, but then her teacher commented on her character. She told me what a sweet, compassionate heart Addison has, and how she exhibits kindness and caring far beyond what you would expect for a 5-year-old. She told me that Addison will stop what she is doing to help another child in need.

So sweet to hear. Addison is a born nurturer and I see it all the time when she is with younger kids. They adore her and she is never bothered to help them or take care of them. However it was great to hear that she exhibits the same qualities with her peer group. I love that sweet girl and I am so thankful for the heart God gave her. I pray that she will always have such a tender heart full of love, caring and helpfulness.

3 comments:

Ashley said...

Oh Kim what awesome things to hear about Miss Addison! I know it means so much as a mother...but as a former teacher you know how special that is! You and Tommy are both such sweet caring people I know you have passed on those characteristics to Addison.

Jenn said...

Way to go Addison!

TJ said...

You BRAG all you like about Addison! We are proud of you Addison.