Daddy is a morning person, and is generally in the basement working out by 5:30 every morning. So, after determining that sleep was done for the day, we went down to say hi to him. Gracyn helped him work out, while I curled up in a bean-bag and went to back to sleep.....not really, but I wanted to. Today, she returned to her usual 7am wake-up time. I hope that is back for good, especially with the impending time change.
Friday, October 15, 2010
Rise and Shine
Two mornings this week, for some reason, Gracyn decided to wake up at 5:30 in the morning. I AM NOT a morning person. Especially not when it is dark and cold. I spent from 5:30 to 6:00 each of those days, with my eyes half open, trying to get her to go back to sleep. We rocked in her chair, we snuggled in my bed. She was sweet, but she was not going back to sleep.
Daddy is a morning person, and is generally in the basement working out by 5:30 every morning. So, after determining that sleep was done for the day, we went down to say hi to him. Gracyn helped him work out, while I curled up in a bean-bag and went to back to sleep.....not really, but I wanted to. Today, she returned to her usual 7am wake-up time. I hope that is back for good, especially with the impending time change.


On a funny note, because I realized I never really write about all the craziness anymore. It isn't that it doesn't still exist, but it has just become so normal, I don't think to blog about it. Yesterday, Gracyn pulled her jammies and diaper off all by herself. She was running around naked, while we were all getting ready for the day. That was working out just fine, until I saw the bent knee, serious face, squatting position that could only mean one thing. "Gracyn, do you have poo-poo?", I said, as I ran for her. "Let me help you on the potty!". I picked her up and ran for the bathroom, but it was too late. As I swung her towards the bathroom door, I realized the damage had already been done. I realized this, because as I swung her, "the damage" flew across the room and landed nicely on the carpet. Just another day-in-the-life. Doesn't even faze me anymore.
Daddy is a morning person, and is generally in the basement working out by 5:30 every morning. So, after determining that sleep was done for the day, we went down to say hi to him. Gracyn helped him work out, while I curled up in a bean-bag and went to back to sleep.....not really, but I wanted to. Today, she returned to her usual 7am wake-up time. I hope that is back for good, especially with the impending time change.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Thank you for the laugh! That is awesome!!!!!!!!
Love the flying poop story!! Too funny!!! Yes, those moments tend to not phase us when we have three kids running around. :) But you will be glad to have it documented one day and will get a big ol' laugh out of it.
Post a Comment