Friday, October 15, 2010

Two Things for my Memory

Reagan melted my heart today. I was buckling her carseat up after storytime and lunch when she said, "All the other Mommy's don't know, but you are already the best Mommy in the world!". So, so sweet! I don't desire to be a better Mommy than anyone else and certainly am not, but is sure makes me happy that my child thinks I am!!!

In keeping with her likeness of Mommy, 99.9% of the time Addison is happy, sweet, helpful and easygoing. However the small 1% of the time when she is grumpy or in a bad mood, she is HOSTILE! Particularly to the person she is closest to, me. I spent two days this week on eggshells around her, just waiting for another blow-up. She was over-tired, a few of the times over-hungry and taking it out on me. What is so funny, is the sense of humility this gives me. It is one thing to watch in pride as you see your child developing into a great person, and learning good character traits from you. It is healthy does of humility when you see the opposite and you know exactly where she gets it from. As I was telling Tommy about my day with her and how grumpy she was being, he just looked at me, eyebrows raised, nodding politely. You see, he is typically the recipient of my occasional hostility. Thankfully we can all laugh about it, and it never takes long for the good mood to be restored.

No comments: