Fast forward to my current life. The first 2 hours of the day are a whirlwind. In 2 hours I shower and get myself dressed. Admittedly it is far too often with unwashed hair in a ponytail and gym clothes. The girls wake up and I get them breakfast. I pack anywhere between 1 to 4 lunches depending on the day's activities. On a good day I unload the dishwasher and get dinner going in the crockpot. When I finish in the kitchen I run upstairs and make all 4 beds. Yes, I know, the girls could (and can) do that themselves, but somehow it is just easier and faster (and prettier if I do it myself. I supervise (Spur along) Addison in the shower and get all 3 girls dressed. Then comes the hair....my girls wake up every day with 3 very serious cases of bed head!!! While Mama sports a ponytail, I am in the bathroom wetting them down and blow drying them each day....otherwise, they would be out and about with something resembling a bird's nest on the backs of their heads. Once we are all dressed, I bundle myself and all the girls up for the walk to Addison's bus stop. We bid her good-bye and 1 hour and 50 minutes later the morning is almost done.
The last 10 minutes of my morning routine, to complete the 2 hours is this! Reagan, Gracyn and I trek back, strip of the coats and head back inside. That is when I tackle this! How do they do this everyday? Not sure they even get toothpaste in their mouths. Tommy always looks at it and says, "They're just baby teeth, can we just stop making them brush them?". Three toothbrushes, two kinds of toothpaste and a big fat mess on the sink, every day.
I sure love my crazy, hectic life! I know someday I will miss that messy sink and I will wish I had kiddos standing outside my shower door asking for orange juice. For know, I just reflect back to my long, leisurely mornings and laugh at myself, wondering what I did with all my time back when I just thought I was busy!
3 comments:
I would not trade the 2 hours of now that you have for anything. You will get back YOUR 2 hours some day & wish you had this instead. ENJOY!!!
This had me laughing Kim! I can totally relate. I used to take about that much time also to get out the door and have often wondered what I did. It now takes me two hours to get 4 of us out the door compared to just one back in my kidless days. So funny. One day it will be like that again and we will be wishing for just one more hectic morning! Thanks for this.
love it! blesses me to know that my crazy morning is similar to a sweet friend, far across the country. love seeing bed-head! love knowing you make four pretty beds--I make three! miss you!
Post a Comment