We visited all through the evening. The girls were dressed up like princesses the entire time. We watched very little football, but we were treated to several shows written and performed by our little girls. We did gather the group for the half time show. I had already called the girls in when I realized it was Madonna. For a second, I wondered what they might see, but it turned out fine. The girls danced right along with the show, mine had just gotten dressed to head home, so they were sans dress-up for that part.
Poor Gracyn, she had been running low on sleep for days. She never naps anymore, if fact, if she even closes her eyes for a second in the afternoon, she will be up until midnight. She usually sleeps late one or two mornings a week, but hadn't done so recently. It all caught up to her at the party. I handed her to Tommy to hold her while I helped the big girls clean up toys. I came back a few mintues later and she was out cold! She slept through one of the girls' shows, the half-time show and the car trip home. We moved her to her bed fully clothed and she slept till morning.
I think we all required a bit of Super Bowl recovery on Monday! We were all tired and dragging a bit, but it was totally worth it!
No comments:
Post a Comment