Addison and I spent at least an hour in a dressing room a few weeks ago, picking out the perfect dress. She tried on dozens, paraded in front of the mirror and asked me to rank the dresses on a scale of 1 to 10. Ultimately, she picked the most expensive dress (one she had brought into the dressing room without my knowing). It was a tough life lessons in the fitting room, when I told her that she could have that dress, but it would mean she had to put back the coveted high-heels (age appropriate wedge)that she had chosen and wear shoes she already had at home. In the end, she picked a less expensive dress, she just couldn't part with the shoes.
Reagan was a different story. She caught of glimpse of her dress from across Target while we were out running errands. She took one look at it, decided that was what she wanted and couldn't be persuaded to try it on. She brought it home, was in love with it and never gave it a second thought. Total opposite experience, but equally fun.
Both girls got jewelery, sparkly hair glitter and hair accessories for Valentine's Day and they were all set. My fun continued on Saturday afternoon as the girls piled in my bathroom for mani/pedis and hair curling. My oldest two came out quite glamorous and thrilled. Daddy appeared in his tie and their excitement just steadily rose! I fought back tears as I chased them around taking a million pictures. As the day unfolded in front of me, I couldn't help thinking how quickly we would be getting girls ready for proms and weddings. Time passes so quickly I am glad for now they are just dating Daddy and they appreciate my wardrobe and hair help, I know all too soon that will change.
The ball was a big hit. The girls had a pizza and dessert buffet. They had a photographer take their picture and they did a few crafts. The ball had a DJ and a colorful disco ball. The girls danced the night away with their Daddy and all their favorite friends. Gracyn joins the fun next year and Daddy is going to have his hands full with all 3 beautiful girls.
1 comment:
Tommy is one LUCKY man. 4 Beautiful women in his life.
Post a Comment