This week we celebrated Tommy's 34th birthday! The girls and I did a little decorating in the kitchen and made him some brownies topped with chocolate icing and M&M's. They were ready for a quick party when he came home from work. He opened his gifts from us, we ate a quick dinner and they sang Happy Birthday and ate dessert. Then, it was a rush out the door to get everyone off to swim lessons and gymnastics.
Daddy and his girls.
Me and my handsome husband. How is he getting better looking with age, while I am just getting old? Not fair! And you will notice the rest of my family is perfectly dressed and I, at 6:00pm, haven't yet made it out of my sweaty gym clothes!
The birthday dessert of his request.
Saturday was my turn to get dressed up. We finally met someone here, who I trust to babysit and hired her for Saturday night. We have had a few nights out here, when we have worked trades with friends, but this was our first hired sitter since moving to Cincinnati. The girls loved her, so we are in business! Tommy and I had reservations with friends at The Melting Pot for dinner. The food was yummy and it was a long, quite (except for the VERY LOUD intoxicated man in the booth behind us), relaxing meal. It was great to have a night just to hang out together and celebrate his birthday. We are sure glad he was born.
No comments:
Post a Comment