Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Nutcracker Weekend

My Mom and Jimmy made the LONG drive up from Texas to see Addison dance in the Nutcracker this year. They arrived on Friday afternoon, just as Addison was recovering from a night of stomach flu. We had a big dinner and kicked off the weekend with Christmas presents. Reagan is delighted with her Justice body glitter from Aunt Erica.

They brought the girls so many fun Christmas presents. They spent the rest of the weekend using the craft tables Mimi made them.

Saturday morning we headed to Big Tree farm. It wasn't too cold and we had fun seeing Santa, doing crafts, drinking hot chocolate and taking a carriage ride through the trees.

My sweet family.

The girls first horse drawn carriage ride. They loved it. Did I mention that it gets a little gray and gloomy here in the winter?

My pretty girl is growing up too fast.

The whole crew with Santa.

That night we had the first of Addison's 2 Nutcracker performances. She made such a cute little mouse. She had a huge smile on her face the whole time. She spotted her audience right on the front row and was delighted. I was backstage mom that night, so I saw snippets of the show from the balcony and the wings. What I saw was beautiful. I loved hanging out with the girls and helping do costumes and hair. During the finale of the show I stood backstage just crying! It was so sweet to see all their hard work come together in, they were bubbling over with excitement and so supportive of each other.

Addison signed autographs for fans after the show. Reagan had the BIGGEST smile all night! She was so proud and excited to watch Addison. Next year she is old enough for the show and I think she already knows all the dances!

Mommy and Daddy with our little star. We were so proud of her. It was the perfect end to such a great day. Good thing, too, because by Sunday morning despite all the cleaning and sanitizing I had done, my mom, Jimmy and I had all caught Addison's stomach flu. We were miserable. Tommy was the only well adult in the house and he had to leave at 11am for a flight to Dallas. He was off to entertain customers at the Cowboy game, while we tried to survive around here. Somehow I managed to drag myself out of bed at 2:00  to get Addison ready for her 2nd show. I took Reagan and Gracyn back and despite my misery I loved watching her again. By Monday the crew here was feeling mostly better. They headed back to Texas and we started a very busy last week of school before Christmas.

No comments: