Sunday, June 22, 2008

Cousins at the Zoo







My sister, Erica, and nephew, Austin, arrived in Denver on Thursday. We have had a great long weekend playing with the kids. We are all TIRED!!! My sister leaves tomorrow but Austin is staying here with us for almost two weeks.
Friday we took the kids to the zoo. We went in the afternoon, which we rarely do, since it is naptime. But, we had so much fun. There was lots more action than I have ever seen in the morning. We saw the lions being fed. We saw monkeys swinging all over their cages. And, best of all, we saw an enormous ape get mad at a sweet little bunny who had wondered into his cage. Thankfully the bunny got away, but not until the ape had chased him and thrown a giant log at him!!!
Addison loves having Austin here. He is so sweet and helpful with them! We are looking forward to a great week together.

2 comments:

McClure Family said...

they are all growing up so much! Rea is getting so big that I can hardly believe it! love you!

Lacey said...

I think it was the week of cousin posts. I am sure you are enjoying the company. :0)