Sunday, June 08, 2008

Thirty




Last Monday was my 3oth birthday. We celebrated all day on Sunday. My family spoiled me and treated me like a princess. Daddy and Addison snuck off to the mall the week before and picked out beautiful James Avery earrings for me, which Addison managed to keep a secret. She also picked the perfect Disney Princess card for me. It said, "To a Sweet 3 Year Old". Daddy added his own little "0" after the "3". They also ordered me an ice-cream cake from ColdStone....my favorite.

On Sunday afternoon after church we had a baby-sitter come, (for the first time in CO)so Tommy and I could go to lunch and a movie. It was so nice and relaxing...especially lunch on a patio outside. The weather is beautiful right now. When we got home, we went for a walk with the girls and then we all went to Red Robin for a family dinner.

On my actual birthday Tommy continued to spoil me, by coming home early and grilling dinner for us.

I have had lots of people ask me how I feel about 30, and it doesn't bother me! I feel great, I have the sweetest family ever, a great church, a beautiful home, and wonderful friends. The list goes on and on. I can't imagine being sad, when I have everything I ever dreamed of and more. Instead, I tried to spend the day being thankful and enjoying the blessings God has given me.

8 comments:

Lacey said...

I turned 30 in April and I felt the same way. We are so blessed.

Branton Family said...

Happy birthday Kim! I am so glad you had a great one. Amy

Branton Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Branton Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
McClure Family said...

Happy Birthday, sweet friend! I love you!

The Wiggins Family said...

Happy Birthday Kim! I'll be 30 in December. So glad your day was blessed!

The Chappelles said...

Happy Birthday Kim. I am so glad you had a great day! You certainly deserve it. By the way, I love the 30's!

The Skains Family said...

Happy Birthday Kim. You are blessed and have such a sweet family. Tom and the girls are really blessed also to have you!