Addison woke up this morning and decided that her favorite stuffed animal, Lamby, and her Dora the Explorer doll should get married. It was quite the celebration in our basement. We made invitations, got all the dolls dressed-up for the occasion, and made construction paper flowers for Dora to carry.
Addison had her dress-up cloths on right from the start. As we were playing, I remembered that my wedding dress was in a box in the basement closet. Thankful that I never got around to sealing it up, I asked Addison if she wanted a "real" wedding dress for the party. She was so excited to open the box and find my dress, veil and shoes. However, she didn't want to wear them.....she wanted me to.
So, I spent my morning, playing pretend wedding in the basement, with my two sweet little girls....in my wedding dress!!! What a fun day!!!
7 comments:
Okay...so where are the pics of you in your dress???? I love it! Every day is dress-up day at our house too!
So I am just jealous that you can still fit into your wedding dress. LOL. What a fun day and a fun memory with your kiddos.
I love it! I wish I could have been there to celebrate. Everytime we pass a blue prom dress at the mall Carlee says, "Mommy you can wear that dress and be Cinderella." I am almost tempted to buy a prom dress when they are on sell to wear it for dress up. My wedding dress is in a box (harloomed) and I got rid of all my bridemaid dresses.
Oh how I wish I could see pictures of your girl-party!! Love it!
Kim, you Rock! do it again and get pics, ok....
i sometimes wish that we would not have had my dress preserved. i want it to be accessible, but hate the thought of wasting that money....
Kim, you are such an amazing mom! Your girls will have so many incredible memories of all the special times you've had with them.
So fun! What a great day. It was so nice seeing you guys last weekend. We miss hanging out with you. Take care! Amy
Post a Comment