Thursday, July 17, 2008

Garden of the Gods







Grandma and Pampa are in town! The girls are having a blast playing with them, and I have loved having company/help around the house. Especially since Tommy headed out of town the day they got here. Thankfully Tommy is back now and we are looking forward to some family time. Friday and Saturday we are headed to Estes Park, a small resort town in the mountains. And then, Saturday and Sunday Tommy and I are going to stay in a hotel downtown for our anniversary.
Yesterday, Uncle Mike came over and we all headed to Garden of the Gods in Colorado Springs. The rock formations, Pikes Peak and the mountains are so beautiful. We took a bus tour that showed us around the area. The girls loved the bus ride, because they didn't have to be in carseats and because Grandma gave them suckers for the trip!
Sweet Reagan is my little tough girl. As we waited for the bus the girls had been running around playing. Reagan fell down a few times, but never cried. She always jumped right up and kept going. As we sat down on the bus, I looked over at her and her poor knee was all cut up and bleeding. She was a little concerned after I showed her the "boo-boo", but she wasn't at all before that!
After the Red Rocks, we went to Focus on the Family and shopped in the bookstore and let the girls play. We had a great day!

1 comment:

The Wiggins Family said...

My mom and dad are in Colorado Springs right now visiting my uncle and aunt. I'm sure they were planning to go to the Garden of the Gods. Looks beautiful!