Monday, March 22, 2010
The Evolution of the Bunk Bed
Friday afternoon, my little helpers and I cleared out the girl's bedroom. We sold Reagan's toddler bed and took Addison's bed apart and stored it for Gracyn. Then we began taping off walls and preparing to paint. When we moved here, we had promised Addison a pink room, and we painted her one, fast and furious She night before the furniture arrived. It was WAY TO BRIGHT and a bad paint job as well. So after they went to sleep on Friday night and in shifts Saturday morning, we repainted it a nice, pale pink....it's much more peaceful in there now!!!
They spent Friday night, much to their delight, camped on their mattresses in our bedroom floor. Saturday the bunkbeds arrived. They came in SEVEN boxes!!! After a few attempts at 10 sets of hands putting the beds together, Mommy finally made a spontaneous trip to McDonald's with 6 of the hands in tow. We came back to find their beds up and ready to go. They have had a blast with them!!!
And, yes, that is my almost 3-year-old with a paci if anyone wondered. Not sure she is ever giving it up....thinking she may take it to college....we aren't worried about it, just saving some cash for her future orthodontic work!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
We are excited to see it!!
Do you remember the really bright pink that was in the playroom at my parents house? Hot pink walls on top, and pink floral wallpaper beneath. That made for the most unique room in the house. I'll have to find pictures to show Addison someday!
How fun!! Looks so pretty!! I love the ribbon valance idea. What color pink did you use? I need to re-do Hads pink. We painted it right before she was born and it looks purple-y pink. Been to lazy to fix it but need to. As for the paci. Hads is my first paci baby and is recently REALLY addicted to it. I get so many comments about it that I am happy to see someone older than her with one. :) She won't have it forever...she won't be a teenager running around with a paci, so I wouldn't fret either.
Love the new room!
So sweet! That looks like so much for the sisters!
Aww I love it. Your girls are precious. And my gosh I can't believe all that snow. I won't even tell you what San Diego weather was today, hee hee!
Post a Comment