Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Good-Bye













Reagan had a very big day today. We took her beloved pacis to Build-A-Bear, kissed them good-bye, and stitched them up into the little gray kitty she chose. Now she can still sleep snuggled up with her pacis inside the kitty, but we won't have the dental consequences of her sucking on them.
I am so thankful to my neighbor for suggesting this idea. Reagan was thrilled when we asked her if she wanted to do it. Once she agreed, I took her right away, before she had a chance to change her mind. Over the last few weeks, as we have talked to her about giving up her pacis she had been telling us, "I don't want to talk about that". Then, when we told her about this, her little eyes lit up and she was ready to go. The lady at Build-A-Bear wasn't at all surprised, apparently they do this all the time with all sorts of things....blankets, lovies, pacis, etc.
I am so proud of Reagan. She really LOVES her pacis. She had one within about 5 minutes of being born and was hooked from the start. We have gotten pretty good within the last 9 months about having it be in bed only, but it was time to let it go. She is such a big girl!!!
I am keeping her up from nap today, so she will be super tired for bed tonight. I am praying all goes well, and she continues to love her "Kitty-Kitty". Hopefully we won't wake in the morning to find the stitching ripped out of the poor thing!




5 comments:

kuykendall_family said...

I love that idea! I wonder if I can get Ansley to do it! Super cute!!!

Jenn said...

That is a wonderful idea! So far, Brylee hasn't shown signs of being addicted to hers, but what a creative way to keep them, yet not worry about the dental problems!

Good job Reagan!

The Wiggins Family said...

What a great idea.... a lot smoother transition than just throwing it in the trash.... oh well, Zachary's over it now. haha
She is a beautiful girl!

Lacey said...

Love this idea. I am soooo putting off getting rid of the paci. But when I do, I think this is a great idea. I love her hair too. May try that one today. :)

Anonymous said...

Caroline clung to her pacifiers until she was 4 (we were closet pacifier hoarders, lol). Great idea on how to say goodbye to the binkie. You are off to the next frontier!