Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Elusive


So, although Addison talks NON-STOP, about anything and everything you could possibly imagine, she tells us NOTHING about school. She has been this way since she started last year. I will pick her up, ask her what she did today and she will tell me, "Nothing" or "I don't remember". I can usually get a few things out of her, that I know to ask specifically about, but even then, she talks very little about anything they do. Anything I know comes from her teacher's newsletter.
Then, I get pictures like this from her teacher!!! If you child had a giant hawk come and visit them in their classroom, would they tell you about it? She never mentioned it, and I just laugh when I open the email, because I am used to it now. Next year she leaves the little Christian preschool bubble and heads into a VERY large kindergarten class at our neighborhood elementary. Any tips on how to get her talking before then?

5 comments:

The Skains Family said...

That is hilarious! Well you know that I am cleary not here yet, so I can't really give any advice...but I do have a friend who plays the game "2 lies and a truth" on their way home for school(not sure if that's what it's called). Her kids have to tell her 3 things about school. They make up two, and one is an actual thing that happened. Then she has to guess the truth. She says they play it a couple of times and she always learns things about their days.

The Martin's said...

what a funny girl! she sure isn't shy talking about everything else! I'm still laughing about 'Cole's Villiage'.

Chance said...

According to AJ, they just eat snack at school. Sometimes he tells me they play on the playground, but I never get more than that. Drives me crazy!

Lindsay said...

"Nothing" happens when Lily's at school as well...poor kids must be bored to tears. Kinda makes me wonder why she likes it so much. :)

Anonymous said...

My kids were the same way until recently (a lot of "I can't remember"...."Nothing!"). I think my girls went from that stage to complaining about certain happenings at school. You can ask her what her favorite part about her day was.....and then the hardest part about her day.