~She loves Daddy, probably the most of any of the girls at this age. They are all Mamma's girls, but Gracyn likes to hang with him. All day long, while he is working if we hear a sound she will say with question, "Daddy?". She also points anytime she sees something of his and says, "Daddy".
~She calls Addison "Sissy Addie". I don't particularly like for Addison to be called Addie, but I don't mind it from Gracyn (or her Grandpa, who has almost always called her that). She calls Reagan "Sissy Rea-Rea". We didn't give her either of these names, that is just how they come out.
~Her current most prized possession is the Yogi Bear tattoo she got on her arm from our camping trip. She holds her arm out and says "YoYo" to anyone who will take interest. Addison tries to teach her words and wanting to shorten "Tattoo", she keeps telling her "Show me your Tat!". Nice. Today, I asked Gracyn if she was all done with her tattoo, and if she was ready to wash it off. She grinned really big, shouted no at me and ran away. I guess she is keeping it for awhile.
~She sleeps through the night about 1/2 the time now. However, she gets up at 5:45 or 6:00am everyday. It is making me crazy. She used to be my late sleeper, and the big girls got up early. Now she is up and they are sleeping in. I am sure it is a conspiracy they have, in an attempt to make me a morning person.
~Gracyn loves to dance, play with babies, build puzzles and read books.
~She is still nursing. We were down to 2 or 3 times a day, but camping, and my nursing her a ton in an attempt to get her to sleep, set us way back. I would like to be done by her 18 month birthday. She only nurses on one side, and if you have nursed a baby, you know, that creates a little bit of asymmetry for the mama!
~She will only let us carry her on the right hip. What is it with her and right sides? If we switch her to the left, she screams and tells us no.
~Gracyn usually hangs out on my bathroom counter while I get ready in the morning. I have a built in vanity. I sit on the bench and she sits on the countertop. She plays happily there, until I pull-out the blow-dryer. She hates loud noises, including the hair-dryer. As soon as she sees me pull it from the drawer, she nods her head up and down and tells me "Sissy". I put her down and she runs off to find the big girls. She always stays with them until I turn it off.
Love watching her grow! Love this time where she is a little bit baby and a little bit big girl. Love seeing her personality develop. I am one blessed Mommy.
1 comment:
Beautiful girl--can't believe how grown up she is getting. <3
Post a Comment