Addison's Top Bunk
Reagan's Bottom Bunk
Last Christmas we got Addison and Reagan bunk-beds. For the most part, it has worked out great and the girls love them.
My only complaint....the stuff! Now Reagan's bunk isn't too bad. She mostly just likes to accumulate blankets and stuffed animals in there.
Addison's is a MESS! She has all her most precious possessions collected up there. The picture was taken 2 days after I changed the sheets (which requires her to clean everything out), so it isn't nearly as bad as it can be. At any given time, she has 3 dolls, countless stuffed animals, a water cup, piles of books, and rows of Little Pet Shops. Under her pillow you will find pieces of papers and drawings that she has done. It is a bunch of messy junk to me, but it is treasure to her. And, I guess since she shares a bedroom, it is her most private space.
I have to take a deep breath and let it go....DAILY! I gave up making the beds and showing off their pretty Pottery Barn quilts. I gave up trying to make them choose 3 things to sleep with. I gave up trying to keep the beds cleaned-off, and they are happy.
So now, their beds look like this everyday of the week, except the one day each week, when either I, or the cleaning lady, forces them to clear it all out for new sheets.
So, if you come to my house and this is what you see, don't judge me. I don't like it any more than you do, but it is a little thing that brings my sweet girls joy.
My only complaint....the stuff! Now Reagan's bunk isn't too bad. She mostly just likes to accumulate blankets and stuffed animals in there.
Addison's is a MESS! She has all her most precious possessions collected up there. The picture was taken 2 days after I changed the sheets (which requires her to clean everything out), so it isn't nearly as bad as it can be. At any given time, she has 3 dolls, countless stuffed animals, a water cup, piles of books, and rows of Little Pet Shops. Under her pillow you will find pieces of papers and drawings that she has done. It is a bunch of messy junk to me, but it is treasure to her. And, I guess since she shares a bedroom, it is her most private space.
I have to take a deep breath and let it go....DAILY! I gave up making the beds and showing off their pretty Pottery Barn quilts. I gave up trying to make them choose 3 things to sleep with. I gave up trying to keep the beds cleaned-off, and they are happy.
So now, their beds look like this everyday of the week, except the one day each week, when either I, or the cleaning lady, forces them to clear it all out for new sheets.
So, if you come to my house and this is what you see, don't judge me. I don't like it any more than you do, but it is a little thing that brings my sweet girls joy.
2 comments:
LOL, my kiddos beds are the same way. And if it makes you feel better I hardly make them either unless it's cleaning day. Gavin has army men and stuffed animals, Ellie dolls, stuffed animals,doll house stuff, leapster, and Hadley....well she'll pick random things that she insists on snuggling...I think it is just their age.
Surely they will all out grow it!!
No judgement here! Mackenzie's bed looks the same way every day!When I do make the bed, I find lumps of stuff under the neatly made bed and I just leave it!
Post a Comment