Sunday, April 03, 2011

Gracyn's 2nd Birthday

The girls surprised me by being up bright and early on Gracyn's birthday. They stayed up really late the previous night, after picking Grandma and Pampa up from the airport, so I wasn't anticipating a 6:30 start time, but we went with it! We told Gracyn happy birthday right away and headed downstairs. We wanted to wait until evening, so Daddy could be with us to open her presents, but she saw the pile and had to open just one! She got a new doctor's kit. Playing doctor with her baby Lanie is one of her very favorite things to do....it's actually one of the few toys she plays with. But, our doctor kit is from when Addison was a year old. It was falling apart, missing a few pieces and most importantly it is in one of the few boxes in the basement that I haven't unpacked! I am losing momentum fast, so who knows if we will ever see it again!!!
Gracyn is very particular about her unwrapping! She goes slow and steady and likes to get every tiny bit of paper off. I think it makes her sisters crazy!

Here she is checking baby Lanie's heart beat. After playing for awhile, we got all dressed and ready to grab some lunch and shop for birthday presents with Grandma and Pampa. I couldn't resist letting her open one more gift. She was delighted to open her own Twinkle Toes, and we were delighted to watch her stomp around the living room making them light up. She realized a few weeks ago, that she was the only girl in the backseat who's shoes weren't lighting up. We had to take care of that.
Posing for a picture with the grandparents.
Addison photography....she got most of Gracie.


When Daddy got home, she opened her talking picnic basket from Pappy and Miss Debra. She stuffed this orange in her mouth!
Next we went to Red Robin for her traditional birthday dinner. Did I mention she stayed up late and got up early? Poor tired girl slept through most of her dinner. I woke her at the very end, so they could sing.
See how we only take up about 1/5 of the booth? That is not a pose for the picture....that is how close they like to sit to me at restaurants. I like to snuggle, but I could use a little elbow room for eating!!!
A little more spread out on that side of the table...
Birthday girl wasn't too sure what to think of all the strangers singing to her....especially after just waking up. She didn't love their singing, but she did like their ice cream.
One last birthday stop....we had to introduce our visitors to Greaters Ice Cream. It is a chain of old fashioned ice cream shops here. Yummy ice cream, candy treats and baked goods. It might be our favorite find here so far. Gracyn was full of ice cream from Red Robin, so she picked a lolli!
Addison had been working on another loose tooth, which I pulled in the ice cream shop. She pulled the last one at school, so I didn't realize there was going to be so much blood....maybe better wait and pull it at home next time.
So thankful for my sweet birthday girl and the blessing she is to us! She has been feeling better this week and is just a joy to be around. She is funny, caring, polite, curious and just all around adorable! We love you little one!!!

3 comments:

Jenn said...

Awww! What an awesome time! I hope all of you are adjusting well in your new home. And even more importantly, I hope Gracyn had a wonderful birthday!!!

Amanda Burkett said...

First of all, Happy Birthday to your baby! Second, and really stressing me out, YOU PULLED HER TOOTH OUT????

The Skains Family said...

She is a cutie. I can't believe she is two already! I love the picture of you and your three girls all squeezed on one side of the booth. It looks oddly familiar!