Thursday, May 05, 2011

Happy 6th Birthday

I can't even believe that this sweet girl, who made me a mama is 6 years old today! 6 seems so big.....first grade is looming around the corner, she is halfway to a teenager and 1/3 of the way to an adult! Crazy....Tommy nearly cried when I said these things to him. We sure love our girl. She has a precious, sweet personality and she makes us proud.


Her big Birthday Day started with a kitchen that Reagan and I had snuck down to decorate the night before. She had a few presents waiting for her. The giant horse is from Pappy and Miss Debra, and won't fit in any wrapping paper I had. So, she got it first thing! Pampa and Grandma had given her the doll, that rides the horse, when they were here in March, so the set was complete. The girls and I played horse show with their horses and baby dolls all morning.

After a nice, long playtime the girls and I loaded up for a special girls lunch at Red Robin. Aunt Amy, are you reading this? They have on the aprons you made for them.....they had been playing waitress and couldn't part with them.
Addison photography!!! And yes, that is a giant down jacket in May, it was freezing.

This girl LOVES a good dessert! And she loves birthdays and she loves being sang too....she is happy!


After lunch we dropped Addison and 22 Twinkle Pops off at school (late for the first time here). She came bouncing off the bus a few hours later with a sticker from her teacher and the Birthday bag! It had a special book to read and a journal for her to write in about her special day. She came in for a quick second, and then we were off to swimming lessons. Tommy met us there and then we headed to dinner at her choice, Dewey's Pizza. It is a yummy new place we found here. Addison picked it because you can watch them make the pizza and our favorite ice cream store is next door. Off topic, but here is a funny side note about the ice-cream store. They have a rewards card, that gives you $5 free when you have spent $100 in the store. I nearly passed out a few weeks ago, when the girl told me I earned my reward. We had only lived here 5 weeks and I ate/spent $100 worth of ice-cream. That might be a bit much!!!


Here is my side of the table at dinner.


Daddy's side.

Gracyn loves sour.....she will ask if it is lemon or lime and then lick away!

After dinner, we headed to Greaters for her free bday ice cream cone!


Finally we headed home to open presents. She had a great day. And, the big fun actually comes this weekend. One final birthday gift to all the Guess girls.....we are headed to King's Island to get season passes.....must take advantage of living 10 minutes from an amusement park!!





















2 comments:

Lacey said...

Happy Birthday Addison!!! I remember when you were born!!! Guess that means we've known each other six years.... :)

Ashley said...

I can not believe Addison is 6! Where has the time gone? Your girls are just precious and I know you are so proud of them. Tell Tommy we say hello!