Sigh....for the first time in nearly 7 years, there isn't a crib in use in my house. I had planned on keeping Gracyn in the baby bed, at least until she was 4, but her amazing acrobatic skills put an end to that plan. Several weeks ago, she started climbing out of her bed with ease. Every nap and bedtime was becoming a fight. We would put her to bed, she would climb out of her crib, open her bedroom door and come find us downstairs. Clearly, it was time to move to the next phase. This weekend we disassembled the baby bed and used the back of it for a headboard on her new, cozy full size bed.
Here is the little culprit in action.

Over and out, no problem.

Here she is all snuggled in her new bed.

She had plenty of moral support.

She has done well in her bed, but she usually has a sleeping partner for a little bit. The first night, after the bedtime routine, Reagan slept with her awhile. Last night it was Addison's turn.

Did I mention that Reagan was very blonde and very tan right now?

Can you see her sleeping upside down at naptime yesterday. Based on the huge mess of books in the floor (and the noise I could hear downstairs), she still didn't stay in bed, but at least she played for a bit and then climbed back up and went to sleep. I'll take it.

My baby girl is growing up! Next step in the process....potty training boot camp, coming soon!!!
2 comments:
so sweet. I love the picture of the 3 of them in bed together!
She is growing too fast! We miss y'all lots. Hope we can catch up soon!
Post a Comment