Friday, August 26, 2011

No Training Wheels!


Reagan never ceases to amaze us with her athletic ability. She most certainly didn't get any of it from me....her Daddy probably, but not me. She is good at most anything she decides to try and she picks up new things easily. Monday evening, we were playing with neighbors outside, when Reagan drug this old little bike out of the garage. It didn't have any training wheels on it and she decided she wanted to ride it. I only took her 1/2 seriously, since she is only four, but we got a noodle out, and Tommy prepared to help her. He wrapped the noodle around her and helped her for a few minutes. Shortly after, she was riding all over the neighborhood. She starts and stops herself and rides it completely independently!By the next morning she was cruising to the bus stop and back, with no problem. We were so excited for her.



Here she is on one of her first solo rides.

This was how it started. Daddy held the noodle for a bit and then let go. She has the biggest smile on her face!
Giving her a boost when she was first starting.

By day two, Reagan was tired of the little bike and wanted her big 14 inch bike. I have no idea how she rides it, since her feet don't touch the ground, but she does it. She needs a bit of helping starting on this one, and she just sort of jumps off when she brakes.

I put the pants on her when she got this one out....just in case!

So proud of our girl. We love watching her new accomplishments. She really did have the biggest smile I have ever seen. :)










1 comment:

Lacey said...

WAY TO GO!!! What an accomplishment!!! She should be sporting that big smile. Never seen a noodle used either- great idea!! I'll have to remember that when hadley learns!!