~Summer 2011, the year my children learned to sleep late!!! They are usually up around 8am, which is late for us, but there were days we were all sound asleep until 9am. Poor Daddy, he is awesome, somehow managing to maintain his 5:30am mornings while keeping up with our summer party!!!
~King's Island....LOVE IT. We have been once or twice a week all summer. Sometimes we went for full days, other times we just pop over for a few hours in the evening. My girls are fearless and love the thrill of rides and I love watching them. They also have great shows and the best popcorn I have ever tasted!
~Road trips! My girls have been in or through 7 states this summer. We had great vacations and enjoyed all the adventure and time away. They are great travelers. We love sharing new experiences with them.
~Friends and family.....we loved having them visit and visiting them.
~Reagan learned to swim.
~We have built strong relationships with new friends. We are thankful that God blesses us with good friends everywhere we go.
~Jumping on the trampoline.....they are out there everyday. Favorite games....with Mommy, I jump them to the sky. With Daddy, they play "chicken catchers"....he sits in the middle and catches/tackles them as they run around the edges.
~A week of strep throat. I didn't enjoy having them sick, but we had a great week snuggling, reading, and watching movies together. We were in the house for almost a full week of down-time.
~Lifetime Fitness. That place rocks. I love working out. The kids love the playroom (especially since their friends are there) and we love the pool and cafe.
~Punky Brewster. I got old disks from Netflix and the girls LOVE it. They aren't all appropriate, but with a little monitoring, it is a great show for them. I get sucked into them with them. It's amazing how I can remember the episodes from my childhood.
~Crafts, books, ice-cream and park days.
~Cincy kids at our church and working in Discovery Zone. Reagan and Daddy work in Gracyn's classroom and Mommy and Addison work in the 4 year old class.
~Listening to my girls play together.
I am so thankful for the time I have had at home with my girls. I am not ready for first grade to come on Monday and take my Addison off each day. But, ready or not it is coming in just 4 short days.
3 comments:
Great post Kim!
You are such a good Mommy!! I too am sad that the summer is almost over. Seems like they go by faster and faster every year. Glad you got some quality time with them and made some great memories!! Hope Addison has a fantastic year in first grade!
You're a sweet momma, Kim. I loved reading every word!
Post a Comment