
Many of you have heard this story, but I wanted to write my thoughts down, mostly in hopes that it will get them out of my head. Friday morning, the girls and I were VERY nearly ran over, while walking on the trails by our house. I was pushing the girls in their stroller, when a driver fell asleep at the wheel and came crashing into the trail directly in front of us. I turned the stroller and ran screaming the other way. Just seconds later, we heard a huge crash and debris from the car came flying around us. I turned and saw the car crashed head-on into a tree about 10 feet behind us. We were so blessed by the Lord's protection. I know that he was watching over us, and had that tree there to protect our family. A man came from a nearby park to help the driver of the car, who was pretty badly injured, while I called 911. I stayed until the emergency vehicles arrived, and then asked the police if I could go before my girls saw the paramedics pulling the driver from his car. I had a very shaky walk home, but maintained my composure until I got us in safely in the house, then called Tommy.
We are so thankful that no one was hurt. I have thought non-stop for the last few days about the preciousness of each moment and how blessed we are! I noticed this weekend, that Tommy and I were more gentle with our words and especially patient with each other (not that we fight, but corralling 2 little ones can make us snappy!). I gave up so many chores on Friday just to play in the floor with my girls. I wasn't inconvenienced when they didn't give me time to take a shower. Hopefully the memory of this near tragedy will help me keep a good perspective.
I pray each day for the Lord to keep us safe, but I realized Friday, how I pray that so mindlessly, out of habit. That prayer will from this point on be heartfelt! On a happy note, Addison has continued to pray for the driver of the car throughout the weekend. I love seeing her mature and learn the meaning and power of prayer. Thanks so much for all my sweet friends and family, who prayed for our peace and gave thanksgiving for our safety.
No comments:
Post a Comment