Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Melting My Heart

Today the girls and I went to the park for a picnic and to play outside in the beautiful weather. When we got home I was snuggling Addison in her bed, getting ready for her nap. I told her that I had fun playing at the park and thanks for playing with me. To this she replied, "Mom, you always be my best friend". Ahh, be still my heart....these little moments of unsolicited love and gratitude make it all worthwhile!

Then, this evening I was putting the girls to bed by myself while Tommy was at a company dinner. She is used to Tommy putting her to bed and she was really missing seeing him today. Anyway, I did the bedtime routine and left the room. She came out a few minutes later. Here is how the conversation went:
Me: What are you doing?
Addison: I just too sad and grumpy (in the most pitiful voice she could muster)
Me: What are you sad and grumpy about?
Addison: I just sad and grumpy; Daddy not home. I haven hard time.
Me: Daddy will kiss you when he gets home.
Addison: I just wait downstairs with you till' Daddy get home.

Man she loves her Daddy so much and she REALLY knows how to use it to her advantage. How in the world was I supposed to say no to that! Addison got her first dose of HGTV while she snuggled on the couch with me until Tommy made it in.

2 comments:

The Chappelles said...

What a GREAT Mommie you are to just go with it! AMAZING! I love your heart for your children...

The Wiggins Family said...

So sweet! Love those girls!