Laugh with me everybody!!! This is what a night can look like around here. The future of my 3rd child is in definite danger with all the lack of sleep we have experienced around here the last few months. I fear if Reagan doesn't start sleeping better, there won't be a 3rd! I am just kidding, in her defense, as you read this, know that she has fluid in both ears and is cutting teeth. She definitely doesn't feel well.
9:30pm: The kids are sleeping soundly. Hubby is smart, he insists we turn of the T.V and go to bed while we have the chance.
10:15pm: I am awake! Don't know why I am awake! Can't sleep! Oh well, Reagan needs a new highchair. I head downstairs to order one online. Highchair ordered, still can't sleep,I curl up on couch to read.
11:00pm: Reagan is stirring, Mommy keeps reading.
11:05pm: Reagan is screaming! I attempt to give her a paci and sneak out, no go, I feed her for a few minutes and then put her back in bed. I head to bed for the second time.
11:30pm: She is back up! I rock her for awhile, feeling sorry for her that she feels so yucky. Put her back to bed. I head to bed for the third time and finally fall asleep.
2:45am: Reagan is crying and I am startled out of 3 hours of really good sleep. She doesn't need to eat again, so I wake my poor hubby and send him on a paci run. I listen for a few minutes but the crying doesn't stop. Out of bed I go, off to nurse her again.
3:15am: Back in bed, but freezing. I am snuggled up to my hubby and under a down comforter and still cold, so I begin to worry about Addison. Out of bed and down the hall to cover her up. Also, I stop in Rea's room to turn her fan off.
4:30am: Reagan is crying. I send Tommy again, but again the paci doesn't do the trick. I meet him in Reagan's room. He tells me his alarm is going off at 5am anyway, so I can just bring Reagan to bed. Now I have LOTS of guilt for waking him up twice, when he had to get up so early. Determined not to bring her to bed I rock her for awhile, then put her back in her bed crying!
5:00am: I stumble back to our room to find Tommy up and rummaging through the change bucket. He let me know he was searching for change to buy an energy drink out of the machine at work. Hmmm, energy drink machine. I think I need one of those at home.
5:10am: Reagan is still crying so I bring her to my bed.
5:30am: Poor tired husband is out the door, Reagan is snuggled in my bed and almost back to sleep. I lay ever so still, for if I even breath hard it will wake her!
6:15am: Addison is calling for me. I cross my fingers and hope and pray she remembers my rule about not getting up before the sunshine is out. The Lord answered my prayers and she went back to sleep.
7:15am: Reagan wakes for good.
7:30am: Addison emerges, pink blankie and 5 pacis in hand, asking to watch Clifford and snuggle in my big bed! The day has officially begun! Reagan still isn't feeling well, Dad sounds okay on the phone, and I am feeling a little sluggish! Sweet little Addison is off and running though. Sometimes I am astounded at the energy of a two year old and then I realize she is the only one sleeping full nights, why shouldn't she have energy!
4 comments:
sweet friend, i'm so sorry for your night! you are such a great mom and wife! i hope you get lots of sleep really, really soon.
oh sweet friend - i am here to tell you that you will persevere! you handle all this with a smile! What a gal!
Sounds familiar, you are not alone. Hope things get better soon with the sleep. Love ya girl!
I yawned three times while reading that!!! I'm praying for sleep for you!
Post a Comment