Wednesday, November 07, 2007

7 Months

Reagan was seven months old yesterday. She is such a sweet baby! The poor thing was battaling an ear infection for most of the month, and is actually still not completley over it. That made her uncomfortable, unable to sleep and pretty much miserable for a few weeks, but she seems to be feeling much better know. We are so happy to have her smiling and cooing again. Lately she is able to get up on her arms and legs in the crawling position. She rocks back and forth and has managed a few forward movements. I think in the next few weeks, I am going to be really in for it!!! I spent much of the month trying to get her to eat baby food, which she will have no part in. I am amazed at the willfulness of a baby so young! She clenches her jaws and lips COMPLETELY shut the moment she sees the soon (we had much the same reaction with the antibiotic). I finally gave up the baby food and started letting her feed herself small finger foods. She loves it! So far she has had avocado, banana, strawberry, cheerios and crackers. I think we may skip the pureed foods, which is fine with me. This sweet little one still isn't sleeping through the night, but I think I have finally just accepted that she just doesn't need that much sleep, quite the opposite of her sister. Her favorite things this month are chomping on any kind of paper she can get her hands on, playing outside, watching sissy play, bathtime, and loving on the dog!

No comments: