In case any of you out there are wondering what a "stay-at-home-mom" does with her time, here is a little piece from a conversation I had this morning.
Keep in mind this conversation occurred at 9:30am, three hours after Addison woke up. All three hours, of which, she and Reagan had my undivided attention. I had just put Reagan down for a nap and told Addison I was going to dry my hair......
Me: Mommy needs to go dry her hair now.
Addison: My babies are sick....them need you play doctor
Me: Soon, I can be the doctor again.
Addison: Mom, mom, I want that toy, way up top on that shelf
Me: (stop drying hair, get said toy) Here you go.
Addison: Mom I need some water.
Me: (stop drying hair again, go downstairs to get the water) Here you go, now Mommy needs to dry her hair.
Addison: Mommy, I want to go downstairs and watch Dora. Please go start my Dora (don't you just love that she says please.)
Mommy: Addison, I am not doing ANYTHING else until I dry my hair.
Okay, so now insert the funniest, sassy voice you can imagine. Not smart sassy, just cute sassy.
Addison: Okay, Mommy, you dry your hair, then you going to do your job???
Mommy: What is my job????
Addison: Just turn the TV on and off for me!!!
Well folks, there it is, my life's pursuit! A cum laude graduate with a Bachelor of Science and I am little more than a remote control!
1 comment:
How funny. I love hearing all the funny things that Addison says! I'm sure she keeps you laughing all day!
Post a Comment