






Well, despite waking up to 22 degree temperatures and 2 inches of snow that had fallen over night, we had a beautiful Easter. I must admit I was pretty grumpy this morning, when I had to shovel the snow from the driveway before I could run out to pick up breakfast. Thankfully it has been warm enough the last few days that nothing froze on the roads and the sun came out and dried the snow on the grass really quickly.
We went to church this morning and had a great time. It was our second Sunday at this church and the girls and I have been there a few extra times for bible study and MOPS. It is nice that we are starting to see familiar faces and the girls are settling into a routine there. Knowing the girls are okay, we were able to relax and enjoy the worship and message.
After church, we headed to an Easter lunch at the home of a sweet lady I met at Women's Bible Study. She had invited the whole group over. We were able to meet lots of new people and Addison loved playing with the other kids. We had a great lunch, and then headed outside for an Easter egg hunt. You can see in one picture, Reagan found an egg that was in some snow left-over in a shady spot. She liked the egg, but even more, she wanted to eat the snow!
I am still amazed at how warm 50 degrees is here. I guess the relation to the sun and dryness really makes a huge difference. It was such a beautiful day! After the Easter party we came home and grabbed Maggie, so we could head to the park.
I am so thankful for my sweet family, for new friends that we are starting to meet, and for a day set aside to celebrate the Resurrection of Christ.
5 comments:
That is so great that you guys are getting plugged in so quickly! SO how do you like MOPS? I really have enjoyed mine so I hope it is going well for you. Your girls are as beautiful as ever.
I got a little choked up reading your blog today. I love all the pictures of your beautiful girls... and I'm so glad to hear about you finding a church that works for your whole family... and new friends already too! God is good.
Amy B
I don't think we ever had an Easter in CO with short sleeves on!! Enjoy those pretty pre-spring days. You guys make a beautiful family!
Hi Kim!!
Thank you for the comment! I am so sad that we were not able to see ya'll before you left! It seems like you were gone before we even knew it! Know that I look all the time at your blog and have been keeping up with your new home. It is beautiful by the way! You know, I always remember the time you told me that no matter where you were moved that you were fine, because Tom was with you, and that made everything okay! I love that and completely agree! So glad to see though that the girls are loving it too! Please let us know when you are in town next. We would love to see yall!
Love ya!
Sharla
...oh and I plan on trying the BW oil too! Thanks!!
Post a Comment